Levente Szemerei from Hungary and Poland’s Ewa Jagielska topped individual rankings of 45th Nationale-Nederlanden Warsaw Marathon. Ukrainians dominate the new TEAM UP! Europe contest.
The premiere of the elite team rivalry – TEAM UP! Europe – was won by TOP SPORT UKRAINE. The Ukrainian line-up scored 3,164 points. Individual results of team members (times and World Athletics points):
Olga NYZHNYK – 02:37:07 – 1,064 points
Marina NEMCHENKO – 02:38:12 – 1,053 points
Mykola MEVSHA – 02:16:36 1,047 points
Vitalyi SHAFAR – 02:16:51 – 1,042 points
The fastest woman was Ewa Jagielska from Poland (02:34:43).
Hungary’s Levente Szemerei won men’s open category at 02:15:32.
The best Polish male runner was Artur Olejarz, who took 4th place individually (02:17:48).
TEAM UP! Europe – team classification within the 45th Nationale-Nederlanden Warsaw Marathon
1. TOP SPORT UKRAINE (Olga NYZHNYK, Marina NEMCHENKO, Mykola MEVSHA, Vitalyi SHAFAR) – 3164 pts
2. Team Continental (Ewa JAGIELSKA, Artur OLEJARZ, Dan NASH, Benedetta COLIVA) – 3116 pts
3, WINGS FOR ATHLETES BELGIUM (Hanna VANDENBUSSCHE, Enzo NOEL, Yohan ZARADZKI) – 2991 pts
4, SYNERGY TEAM HUNGARY (Levente SZEMEREI, Zsofia ERDELYI, Katalin KOVACS-GARAMI, Peter JENKEI) – 2954 pts
5. SWITZERLAND (David KELLER, Alemitu CLERC-BEKELE, Rahel MEILI, Elias GEMPERLI) – 2,871 pts
Nationale-Nederlanden Warsaw Marathon – men’s open (gun times):
1. Levente SZEMEREI (Hungary) 02:15:32
2. Mykola MEVSHA (Ukraine) 02:16:38
3. Vitalyi SHAFAR (Ukraine) 02:16:53
4. Artur OLEJARZ (Poland) 02:17:48
5. Dan NASH (UK) 02:19:19
Nationale-Nederlanden Warsaw Marathon – women’s open (gun times):
1. Ewa JAGIELSKA (Poland) 02:34:43
2. Olga NYZHNYK (Ukraine) 02:37:09
3. Marina NEMCHENKO (Ukraine) 02:38:14
4. Hanna VANDENBUSSCHE (Belgium) 02:42:34
5. Zsofia ERDELYI (Hungary) 02:43:35
Mass attendance jumps back up
Last year’s 44th Warsaw Marathon was completed by 3,707 runners. This year, 5,810 participants set off on the route.
The high emotions continue
A new route, the new location in the very center of the city and a unique, anniversary edition of the Marathon. There will be time for summaries, but now we would like to thank the participants, fans, volunteers and everyone involved in the event for their support and running commitment.
Congratulations to the winners, and we continue to support the remaining competitors along the route! The time limit to cover the entire distance is 6 hours 30 minutes, so we will be following the marathon runners’ until 3:30 p.m.
Full results are available at: https://live.sts-timing.pl/mw2023