Regulations of 8th Bridgestone Marathon Relay
- The organizer
- The organizer of 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay is Warsaw Marathon Foundation. 15 Brylantowa str., 05-077 Warsaw, registered under Taxpayer Identification Number (NIP) 9521913280 and Business Identification Number (REGON) 015438288.
- Contact with the organizer is available via phone: (+48 22) 266-21-00, by email: email@example.com or by ordinary mail to the mailing address: Fundacja Maraton Warszawski, ul. Grochowska 8c, 04-217 Warszawa, Poland.
- Date and venue
- The race will take place on 24th of September 2023 in the streets of Warsaw.
- The race will start at 9:00 am. The start line will close after around 10 minutes from the start signal.
- The distance of the course is 42,195 km. The distances of legs: approx. 10 km, approx. 18 km, approx. 14 km.
- The exact course of the race will be announced on the website www.nnmaratonwarszawski.com. Organizer has the right to change the course and in such an event will inform the participants by posting a new course on www.nnmaratonwarszawski.com. Such a change shall not create any additional claims and/or liabilities.
- Every kilometre of the course will be marked with vertical and horizontal signs.
- Runners of first leg shall start the race from one of specially marked starting pens, in accordance with the declared finish time of their relay team.
- Runners of second and third leg wait along the course in specially marked changeover zones. Changeovers outside these specially marked zones are not allowed. Attention! Runners of second and third leg should are responsible for getting to the right changeover zones.
- Time limit
- Time limit of the race is 6 hours 30 minutes counted from the start signal.
- Additional time limits are: Time limit at the first transition zone is 1 hour 30 minutes. Time limit at the second transition zone is 4 hours.
- The participants who fail to complete the race within the time limit or fail to reach the points mentioned in the previous point within the time limit stipulated above are obliged to stop running and leave the course or come to the finish line by the specially prepared “KONIEC BIEGU” (END OF RACE) bus.
- Participants remaining on the route after the specified time limit do so at their own risk and responsibility pursuant to Polish traffic regulations and the Polish Civil Code
- Only individuals who are at least 16 years old or who will turn 16 by the day of the race (born before 24th September 2023), are allowed to take part in the race.
- Each team has to include 3 runners, who cover the distances indicated in the Regulations (in the given order).
- Each team member is allowed to run only one relay leg in a given team.
- Each participant is allowed to run only in one team.
- Each and every team has to be verified at the Race Office. Therefore, the team captain (the person who registers the team) or a person authorized by the captain in writing has to submit the following documents at the Race Office:
- race card (available to print out from team leader’s profile approx. two weeks before the race) signed by each team member,
- written consents of parents/legal guardians (enclosed with the race card) of each team member aged under 18,
- medical certificates confirming the ability to participate in the race for each member of the team aged under 18.
The address of the race office: Pałac Kultury i Nauki (Palace of Culture and Science), 1 Plac Defilad, 00-901 Warszawa.
Race office opening hours:
22nd of September 2023 (Friday) – 2:00 pm. – 8:00 pm.
23rd of September 2023 (Saturday) – 10:00 am. – 8:00 pm.
Attention! The race office will be closed on the day of the race.
- At the Race Office the leaders will receive race kits, including the bib numbers with time measuring chips, safety pins, deposit bags and T-shirts (if selected as the race kit option). T-shirts will be distributed at the Race Office according to previous declarations. T-shirt size is chosen in the registration form. Change in the size will be possible in the registration form no later than on 14th September 2023. The number of T-shirts in each size is limited and the availability of each size is not guaranteed at all times.
- Race kits not collected from the race office will be neither sent nor distributed in any other way at a later date.
- Team leader decides about the order of running of his/her team members in the registration form. That information may be changed online until September 18th, 2023 or personally at the Race Office while picking up the race kit. No change will be possible once the race kit has been picked up.
- During the race, all participants shall have their bib numbers horizontally attached to the front of their outfits. The number shall be visible during the whole race. Covering (in part or in whole during whole race or its part) or modification of bib number is forbidden under the penalty of disqualification. Participants are also obliged to properly install the time measuring chip (as stated in its instruction).
- The organizer allows participation on wheelchairs with direct manual drive. It is not allowed to take part on vehicles with: indirect drive (e.g. handbike) or rim-push type.
- Participants of the race are obliged to follow the Regulations of the race, and rules of PZLA and World Athletics.
- The organiser provides medical care at the start line, along the race course and at the finish line.
- In order to register for the race one shall fill in the registration form available at www.nnmaratonwarszawski.com and https://rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com/en/
- Registration is considered to be complete when following conditions are met: application form is filled in and the entry fee payment is credited to the organiser’s account.
- It is possible to register for 8th Bridgestone Marathon Relay by choosing one of two paths:
- ordinary path – filling in registration form available on the event’s website and paying the entry fee
- charity path – taking part in the #BiegamDobrze charity project governed by separate regulations.
- The total limit of the teams is 300. The Organiser reserves the right to change the specified limit.
- Online registration closes on 18th September 2023. After that date participants shall not settle the payments (even if the registration form was filled within the time limit).
- The Organiser reserves the right to close the registration earlier due to reaching the limit of participants specified in V.4 above.
- Entry fees
- In order to take part in 8th Bridgestone Marathon Relay, each relay team shall pay the entry fee.
The rates are as follows:
Race Kit without t-shirts 300zł / team Surcharge for: – cotton t-shirt 49zł / person – technical (New Balance) t-shirt 79zł / person – 2 t-shirts (cotton and New Balance technical) 128zł / person
- Team captain may choose, for each participant, one of the following race-kit options: without t-shirt, with cotton t-shirt, with technical (New Balance) T-shirt, with 2 T-shirts (cotton and New Balance technical).
- The number of New Balance technical T-shirts is limited. If the captain had chosen the New Balance technical shirt in the registration form, but failed pay fee within 7 days of sending the registration and the status of available t-shirts is low, the Organizer reserves the right to delete selected (unpaid for) T-shirts from the application form, notifying the participant by e-mail.
- Entry fee should be settled by online payment (from the registration profile) via https://www.payu.pl/
Settlement and safety of transactions is the responsibility of PayU S.A. with the registered office in Poznań, 60-166 Poznań, at ul. Grunwaldzka 182, tax identification number NIP: 7792308495, REGON 300523444, a domestic payment institution supervised by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, entered into the Payment Services Register under number IP1/2012.
- As soon as the entry fee is transferred to the Organiser’s bank account, the bib number will appear next to the team’s name on the start list at www.nnmaratonwarszawski.com. If the bib number fails to appear within 7 days of the money transfer date, the participant is obliged to contact with the organiser at (+48-22) 266-21-00 or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The organiser is not liable for the loss of registration form, money order or bank transfer by the fault of post office or of a bank.
- Once paid, the fee is not subject to reimbursement or transfer (neither to another relay team nor to another race).
- At registration, the participants may order and pay for the extra option of “resignation insurance”. In that case, the participant gains the right to resign from participation without giving reasons, and receive 100% refund of the entry fee including extra options. The condition of receiving the refund is to claim that option by 20th September 2o23 (for traditional race kit pick-up) or by 7th September 2023 (in case of using the shipment option). The cost of resignation insurance service is 60 PLN and is non-refundable (incl. in case of resignation).
- The resignation mentioned in VII.8 above should be performed by logging in to the participant’s account on https://rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com/ and choosing the “Resign” option at the YOUR EVENTS tab.
- The refund mentioned in VII.8 above, covering the entire entry fee plus extra options and services purchased, except the “resignation insurance” itself, will be made within 21 days of the resignation, using the same payment method that had been used by the payer. Payments made using a “promotional code” are not subject to reimbursement.
- Participants wishing to receive an invoice for the paid entry fee should select the appropriate option in the registration form and enter the required data needed to issue the document. The invoice will be generated automatically after the payment has been credited and will be made available to download from the participant’s profile by the 15th day of the month following the month of the payment.
In accordance with tax regulations, since a payment is made before the service is performed, an advance payment invoice will be issued covering the full amount of the payment made. Thus, the advance payment invoice is also the final invoice.
By selecting the Invoice option, the Participant agrees to send/share invoices without the recipient’s signature, in electronic form. This consent does not exclude the Organiser’s right to issue and send invoices in paper form.
- In order to receive a pro forma invoice, please send: the invoice data, the number and the list of teams (with the registration numbers) together with the information about the chosen option of the race kit to the address email@example.com.
- In order to take part in 8th Bridgestone Marathon Relay, each relay team shall pay the entry fee.
VII. Deposits and refreshments
- Participants receive a deposit bag in the race kit that can be filled and left at a special deposit area. The deposits will be picked up on the basis of the bib number. In case of lost bib number the organiser is will not be held liable for giving the deposit to another person. Attention! It is forbidden to leave valuable objects and documents in the deposit.
- Participants have possibility to use changing rooms before and after the race.
- Participants have the possibility to use refreshment points along the course and to get the refreshment pack after the finish line (water and meal).
VIII. Refreshment points and time splits
- Refreshment points with water will be located every 2.5 km starting from 5th kilometer. Additionally, on every second refreshment station starting from 10th kilometer bananas and isotonic drinks will be available.
- The organiser does not provide for or distribute any personal dietary supplements from participants.
- Portable toilets are located near each refreshment point.
- Time splits will be taken at kilometers 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 and halfway.
- The judges working at time splits notes down starting numbers of participants taking shortcuts. Participants who take shortcuts or change the course will be disqualified.
IX. Classifications and results
- The following classifications will be held during 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay:
- General classification
- Electronic time measurment is the basis of classification. Special measuring mats, which will indicate the presence of the runner in the place, will be placed along the course. In the event where participant is not indicated by given time measuring mat, he/she may be disqualified.
- The general classification is based on real time (net – measured from crossing the starting line). The exception is the first 3 teams crossing the finish line – they are classified on the basis of official times (gun times).
- Unofficial results will be posted on maratonwarszawski.com just after the race.
- Written complaints about the results can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org untill 23rd of September 2023, 6.00 pm. The complaints will be considered within 96 hours and final and official results will be announced on 8th of October 2023.
- The certificate of completion of 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay will be available to print out in 14 days after the race at maratonwarszawski.com.
- The organizer reserves the right to introduce additional categories.
- Every finisher of 8th Bridgestone Marathon Relay will receive the finisher’s medal.
- The winners of places 1-3 in final results will receive sports trophies.
- The organizer may offer other trophies and prizes in categories of their choice.
XI. Personal data protection
- Personal data of participants will be processed in accordance with the applicable provisions, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Processing of data mentioned in point XI.7. also includes the publication of: name, surname, date of birth, city and name of the club.
- Detailed information about processing of personal data is included to Annex 1 to this Regulations.
XII. Final provisions
- Staying on the route of 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay without a valid start number is prohibited. People without valid start numbers will be removed from the route by the service crew of the run. No inline skates, bikes, nordic walking sticks or other devices are allowed without the organizer’s permission. Running with dogs is also prohibited. Only vehicles of the organizer with valid pass issued by the organizer have access on the route (bicycles, motorcycles, cars).
- In order to obtain an individual consent for the start with a pram, the Participant shall send a scan of his/her STATEMENT to email@example.com and deliver the original to the Race Office by the race kit collection.
- During the race participants shall obey orders given by services responsible for safety, emergency services and other staff members appointed by the organizer.
- The organizer assures personal accident insurance during the race.
- Every participant is obliged to sign the declaration of acquaintance with rules and regulations of the race. By signing the declaration participant agrees for giving to him/her first aid by medical and paramedical services and for medical treatment and the transportation of the participant to safe place in case of emergency by services approved by the organizer.
- The participant declares that he/she is able to take part in the race and that he/she has no knowledge of any reasons connected with his/her state of health that could exclude him/her from participation in the race and that he/she takes part in the race on his/her own responsibility. The participant notes that participating in the run is connected with physical effort, natural risk of accident, body injury and physical trauma (including death) and material loss. Additionally, other risks which are unforeseeable now can occur. Signing this document means that the participant considered all the risks connected with the run and will start the run on his own responsibility. All the decisions made by medical service during the race about the continuation of the race by the participant are final and binding.
- A random obligatory doping control will be carried out after the race.
- By signing up to participate in the race the Participant accepts these Regulations and agrees for the free use of his image in the form of photographs or video recordings, and grants the Organizer free of charge license to use it in all fields of use, including printing/saving and spreading in any form and keeping in computer memory; to use it for promotion of the events organized by Warsaw Marathon Foundation; to share it with sponsors and partners of 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay for their promotion in the context of participation in the event; to post and publish it in the publications of Warsaw Marathon Foundation and on promotional printed materials of the Organizer, in press, on websites and in television and radio programs.
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone the race without justification.
- Placement of advertisement materials on the elements of event infrastructure (i.e. fences, gates etc.) constitutes an exclusive right of the Organiser and is reserved especially for the official sponsors/partners of the race. It is not allowed to place any advertising medium along the course of the race and in the areas used for the organisation of the event (e.g. starting line zone, runner’s village) without prior consent of the Organiser.
- Only the organizer of 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay has the right for binding and final interpretation of these regulations. The organizer makes final decisions in matters not stipulated in these regulations. If any of these regulations are considered fully or in part as invalid or impossible to execute the rest of the regulations will stay (fully or in part) valid.
- Special regulations related to the current epidemic situation (SARS-CoV-2)
- The organizer has the right to:
- change the date of the race
- changing the time of start
- introducing the division of the race into rounds and / or starting waves
- changing the route of the run (including organization the race at loop)
- introducing a limit of participants
- introducing additional restrictions and sanitary requirements (e.g. the need to undergo a body temperature measurement when entering the marathon village, the need to complete a declaration regarding the absence of infection, no symptoms of infection and not subject to compulsory quarantine, the need to cover the mouth and nose in a marathon village, etc. )
- changes in the number and supply of refresh / nutrition points
and take other necessary actions to ensure the possibility of organize the run according to applicable regulations and to ensure the safety of its participants and staff.
- The organizer will inform about the changes (including changes to the regulations) on the website maratonwarszawski.com. The organizer will inform individual participants via e-mail and / or SMS about key changes regarding the possibility of participating in the race.
- If it is necessary to limit the number of participants in the race below the number of people already registered, the organizer will announce the rules for allocating slots in the race. When determining the rules, the organizer may use the following factors: selected registration path, confirmation of willingness to participate (within a specified period) and the order of applications. The organizer may also decide to conduct a draw.
- In the event of a change in the date of the race (point XIII. 1. i.) or limitation of the number of participants resulting in the inability to participate in the race (point XIII. 3.), the participant may apply for a refund of the fee paid. The reimbursement is made in the same way as the fee was paid (in the case of transferring the fee from another race or another participant – the funds remain to be used to another race in the future). A change of the date is not considered to be if the race is played in several turns – provided that some of them are carried out on the originally planned day. Other organizational changes are not the basis for applying for a refund of the starting fee.
- The organizer has the right to:
Annex 1 to
Regulations of 6th Bridgestone Marathon Relay
GDPR INFORMATION CLAUSE
Who is the administrator of your personal data?
The administrator of your personal data is the “Warsaw Marathon” Foundation with its registered office in Warsaw at 15 Brylantowa str., 05-077 Warsaw (registered under Taxpayer Identification Number (NIP) 9521913280, Business Identification Number (REGON) 015438288, National Court Register (KRS): 0000152754). Contact with the personal data administrator is possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For what purpose and on what basis are your personal data processed?
- provision of electronic services:
- performance of the agreement – that is, your participation in the race
- performance of the agreement – that is, your participation in the race:
- participation in the races you apply for via the registration website rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com (preparation of the race kit, insurance, results summarizing, awarding, etc.)
- publishing publicly available starting lists and results
- providing payment services
- sending organizational information (e-mail / SMS) about the races you register for via the registration page rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com
- handling requests and correspondence that you direct to us
- making contact with you
- allowing a charity organization supported by you (in the case of charity registration path #BiegamDobrze) to contact you
- fulfillment of legal obligations of the “Warsaw Marathon” Foundation:
- for tax and accounting purposes
- for purposes resulting from the legitimate interests of the “Warsaw Marathon” Foundation:
- conducting direct marketing of products and services
- handling requests and correspondence that you direct to us
- making contact with you
- counteracting fraud and abuse
- based on your consent:
- sending marketing information (email / SMS)
Do you have to provide your personal data?
Providing personal data is necessary for both your participation in a race and keeping your account on the registration website rejestracja.maratonwarszawski.com.
Failure to provide your personal data makes it impossible to conclude the agreement and participate in the race.
How long will your personal data be processed?
Your data will be processed during the period of using the rejestracja.martonwarszawski.com website and participation in races for which you register via the Website.
At the end of this period, your data will continue to be stored for purposes arising from law (especially tax and accounting), as well as counteracting fraud and abuse and seeking possible claims under the agreement.
Part of your data (especially those that are included in the results of the race) can also be processed after this term for statistical and archival purposes.
Who will be the recipient of your personal data?
Your personal data will be disclosed to employees, associates and subcontractors of the Administrator to the extent necessary for the implementation of the aforementioned purposes of processing personal data.
Starting lists and results containing basic personal data will be publicly available, including the publication on the website of the race.
What rights do you have with respect to the processing of your personal data?
You have the right to request: access to your personal data, correction, removal and restriction of their processing. In addition, you have the right to object to the processing and transfer of them.
In addition, with respect to processing that takes place on the basis of your consent – you have the right to revoke it at any time.
Who can you complain to about how your personal data is processed?
You can submit a complaint to the supervisory body: President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, 2 Stawki str., 00-193 Warsaw.